If I'm about eat a low to medium carb, high fat dinner and homemade gelato for dessert (higher carb and fat), when exactly should I inject? Partway through the meal? Split between an injection for dinner and one for dessert? Help!

I'm on my way to dinner made for me by an old friend and former professional chef.

1 Answer

clase
Answered 11 months ago    reply

I insulin stack, but I don't feel its any different than friends on a pump who "add a little more" insulin if the initial bolus isn't working. If it were me, I'd eat first, inject 70% of your calculated bolus, then eat dessert followed by a second injection (remaining 30%).


related questions